Saturday 6 February 2016

Foodie Corner: Joe’s Beerhouse, Windhoek, Namibia

Vern.

Joe’s Beerhouse lends credence to my theory of “if it moves, it can be eaten”.   Located a short ways out of downtown Windhoek, Namibia, Joe’s has become an icon for tourists and locals alike.  Yes, they do serve beer, but the main attraction is their game menu.   

Rather than settle on a single meat source, I opted for a kebab with variety:  springbok, oryx, zebra, crocodile and kudu.  Helpfully, my dish arrived with a laminated 'what's-what' legend.  Each piece of game was nicely cooked and well-seasoned and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal.  However, I learned that full steaks can provide a better cut:  Carolyn’s oryx steak was beautifully tender.   Next time ‘round.


If you ever find yourself in Windhoek, don’t leave without a visit to Joe’s.



Click here to see the rest of the pictures from our world trip so far: Trip Photo Album

No comments:

Post a Comment